Recap: 24 in 48

This weekend, I participated in Rachel from a home between page's 24 in 48 hour Readathon, the goal being 24 hours of reading time in a 48-hour window. I didn't make it to 24, but I did hit 20, which is the most time I've ever spent reading in one weekend. So I call it a great success!

Our #24in48 Reading Lair
I recapped my first day of reading pretty regularly, but on day 2, computer troubles kept me off of Blogger and on Twitter only. So here's a recap of my readathon activity overall:

Hours Read: 20 (10 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday)

Pages Read: 1,102 + 2.5 hours of audio books

Books Read:
  • The Warded Man by Peter Brett (audio)
  • *The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • *The Lover's Dictionary by Dave Levithan
  • *Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
  • A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (audio)
I decided to donate 5 cents per page read to FirstBook, a non-profit organization that aims to provide books to children in need; in total, I'll be donating $61.35 (I counted each hour of audio as 50 pages, for lack of a better method).

Who else had a fabulous reading weekend??

---

*Read in full this weekend.

1 comment

  1. Wow, you were much more successful than I! I failed to track my total time spent reading, but I did manage to read one book in full and half of another. I read too slowly, it seems. But I also spent much of Sunday outdoors and wandering about with The Spouse since it was our first really nice weekend in about 2 months. I needed a jacket, it being only 75-80, that being 30 degrees cooler than the past 6 weeks! It's very sad that that's not an exaggeration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!